Mo' Mentum Beta

Started by
4 comments, last by 0Hayes 11 years, 6 months ago
Hi,
My names Rob and I'm working on my first game with a friend of mine, Ted. As you can tell were a small team, I'm the creative and he's the coder.
Mo'Mentum is a 2D platform game, with classic 8-bit graphics. The aim is to avoid obstacles, fight skeletons and get the highest score possible!
We will be releasing a free version of the game on the web and in time a mobile version with a couple of extra features.

Now why I'm posting is I'm hoping to get some more people to test the game out before we release it on sites such as newgrounds and kongregate.

Find our game at http://www.mo-mentumgame.com/

Thanks for the time
Rob Hayes

(Like the game so far? Give our facebook page a like!)
Advertisement

2i234hd.png

Greetings!

I found a major flaw, which I'm sure was used for testing purposes or something but really shouldn't be in the playable online version; pressing down makes you fly fast & high wink.png It's a nice game though, good graphics, pretty smooth controls, nice basic sound. Small suggestion though; in the beginning, where it counts from 1 to 5, it would probably be better if it counted from 3 to 1, takes a little less time and make a little more sense (no offense intended of course).

Best wishes,

Dennis
Thoughtzone • Contact: dennis [at] thoughtzone [dot] nl
For a list of services visit our website.
Temporary special for Gamedev members;
Free beta testing & thinktank service. We will test your game/software and come up with new features and improvements, All we want in return is a mention in the credits / on your website. Contact us at the above email if you'd like us to get to work for you.
Looks really nice!
Just a couple issues.
When the game starts and it tells you how to move and jump it does not carry on. If I go left off of the screen it says I failed. Not sure if I'm not doing something I should but it isn't clear.
Like the other person said pressing down makes you fly.
Cheers for the feedback guys!
Dennis: Thanks dude that's a great idea for the countdown, it does drag a bit at the moment. Also we honestly just forgot we left the fly jump in their.
CryoGenesis: Cheers, that's a pretty interesting one. There a cross you can click to close it, or press enter. Would a bigger cross make this more apparent?

Thanks again for the feedback, greatly appreciated
Rob
Hey guys,
I think we've managed to pick up on most of the gameplay bugs and were working on fixing them now.
What were interested in now is finding out how difficult or easy you found the game.
For instance we're interested in if you have been able to reach the vertical sections and if so on how many attempts?
Also which events did you find the hardest (spikes, skeletons, boulders, or platforms)?
Where you willing to try again after dying? If not, what put you off?

Cheers guy, feedback on this will help out loads.
Rob

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement