UDK + Character models

Started by
1 comment, last by !Null 11 years, 6 months ago
So guys. I've been learning to use the UDK and been messing around with kismet and matinee and all that other stuff.
I feel confident in it, but still only at a beginners level.

My question is. I kinda want to get custom characters and learn how to load them in and all that stuff.
I have 3D's Max installed, but I haven't used it before. Is it worth deviating and learning how to make custom characters and loading them in. Or should I concentrate on learning UDK more and more until it becomes like programming 2D games (which for me, I can do to a Intermediate -> Advanced level)?

I look forward to all your opinions and suggestions.
/********************************************************************************\
/**********************He Who Dares, Wins**********************************\
/********************************************************************************\
Advertisement
What do you like to be? A programmer, a designer, or a 3d modeler?
Independently of your answer, I think knowing a lot of things is good. For example, if you want to be a programmer, you should know about programming, but if you know about modeling too, you have some advantages from others who don't know.
But of course, if you want a job in the industry you won't be a programmer/modeler at the same time.

In my opinon, if you want to be a UDK programmer you should concentrate on learning UDK and unrealscript, because you will take a lot of time learning 3d modeling,
My profession is Software engineering and I have a part time job writing ASP.NET software. I'm quite advanced with Java, c#. and I am intermediate with c++
/**********************He Who Dares, Wins**********************************\

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement