DxViewer as child window

Started by
3 comments, last by NestyIvan 11 years, 5 months ago
Hello everyone!

I've met some trouble with DxViewer programm that is contained at the DX SDK(I'm using 2007). What do I want is to run DxViewer as a child inside my own WinAPI window. I've googled so much but yet I didn't found anything helpful.

1. I compiled DxViewer from SDK as DLL.
2. Created my own project and included that DLL to it. I've declared main function of DxViewer as extern with additional parameter - HWND hwnd (handle to my own window)
3. FIrstable, my project failed on CreateMainDialog function. So I've commented code that creating dialog handle and send to STATE_SET handle to my window:

bool App::CreateMainDialog( HWND hparent)
{
STATE_SET(Dialog, hparent);
return true;
}

Actually, I think that here is the root of my problems, but DxViewer has runned inside my window.
4. Error occures when I try to open a model ".x". Function FindResource that is calling in SASCreateEffectFromResource return NULL and after that pfogramm is falling.

RESULT WINAPI
SASCreateEffectFromResource(
LPDIRECT3DDEVICE9 pDevice,
HMODULE module,
LPCWSTR resName,
LPCWSTR resType,
CONST D3DXMACRO* pDefines,
LPD3DXINCLUDE pInclude,
DWORD Flags,
LPD3DXEFFECTPOOL pPool,
LPD3DXEFFECT* ppEffect,
LPD3DXBUFFER* ppCompilationErrors)
{
HRESULT hr = S_OK;
HRSRC hSrc= FindResource(module, resName, resType);
if(hSrc == NULL)
return E_FAIL;
}

When I debugging original DxViewer, FindResource return normal pointer so the model is loading correctly. And I just can't get it - why the same function with the same parameters is return different values.
Advertisement

I've met some trouble with DxViewer programm that is contained at the DX SDK(I'm using 2007). What do I want is to run DxViewer as a child inside my own WinAPI window. I've googled so much but yet I didn't found anything helpful.

i dont understand what you're trying todo, DxViewer is a program exe, what do you mean you want to run that as a child?
:)

DxViewer is a program exe, what do you mean you want to run that as a child?

Yes, it is. And I need that nice "viewer" features within my program. I need to load, view, zoom and twist a model. Exactly what DxViewer can do! smile.png
Actually, I've already run DxViewer inside my application. I've added extern function into DxViewer project, changed settings from '.exe' application to dynamic lybrary and then just called that extern function from the library.
As I said before it's worked, but probably I should create DxViewer's main dialog in a different way. Becouse it's the only part of the original code that I changed.

[quote name='Anddos' timestamp='1349939819' post='4988998']
DxViewer is a program exe, what do you mean you want to run that as a child?

Yes, it is. And I need that nice "viewer" features within my program. I need to load, view, zoom and twist a model. Exactly what DxViewer can do! smile.png
Actually, I've already run DxViewer inside my application. I've added extern function into DxViewer project, changed settings from '.exe' application to dynamic lybrary and then just called that extern function from the library.
As I said before it's worked, but probably I should create DxViewer's main dialog in a different way. Becouse it's the only part of the original code that I changed.
[/quote]

so why dont you use the .x utilty function with some windows api that opens a file from a directory you select?
:)
Well, finally we've done it!
The general problem was that DxViewer functions that load resources are use NULL handler for environment. When we set it to DxVewer.dll it works!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement