please help, opengl init error

Started by
4 comments, last by kevinivek 22 years, 6 months ago
For some reason whenever i try to build an opengl project using nehe''s basecode i get an error telling me initiliazation failed, please help! "people think Pandoras box was evil, it wasnt, the box aint nothin but a box"
"people think Pandoras box was evil, it wasnt, the box aint nothin but a box"
Advertisement
Copy and paste the errors so we can help...

REMEMBER!

be sure to includ the proper files!
#include
#include //only if you use glut
#include

MAKE sure that you have the libraries linked!

make sure that glut32.lib is in your folder that your building into.

~Jesse
That''s not his problem. It is compiling, it just isn''t running correctly. The reason I never responded to this question due to lack of information.

[Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!]
Yeah hi that could be cause a lot of stuff..

Is it the code from NeHe''s tutorials?
In that case, the problem probably lies in LoadGLTextures() where you load your textures.. Maybe you didn''t type the correct path when loading the bitmap..

As the post above mentions, a little more information would be extremely helpful but do take a look in the InitGL() func or whatever you call it.

/Sandman
________________________________pro.gram.mer - an organism that turns caffeine into code
quote:Original post by Saandman

In that case, the problem probably lies in LoadGLTextures()

Saandman is certainly right. Remember that when you launch your application from MSVC, its starting folder is the project folder (and not the "debug\" or "release\" folder).

sorry for not giving enough info, it was late at night and my mom kept badgering me to get off the computer, anyway thank you And yes it was NeHe's tutorial.

Edited by - kevinivek on October 14, 2001 2:34:11 PM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement