I'm 16 and I want know how to program AI.

Started by
25 comments, last by madhatter256 22 years, 5 months ago
Sorry I mean Programming wise is A.I. just If, Then, Else commands? e.g. If food > 18 then buy more
Advertisement
You know, it''s probably best to stop replying.
This person has posted october 13th, and never again.
I assume this is just some kid who saw some cool game enemy behaviour, thought ''hey I wanna program cool AI'' and after 5 minutes or after they knew that you have to program for it stopped thinking about it.

---
Allow me to clear my head for once...
Stop polluting the air!
---Allow me to clear my head for once...Stop polluting the air!
AI comes down to making choices. So yes, IF THEN ELSE could be a way to accomplish that. You usually need some sort of branching statements based on what the environment is telling you.
I read in the book, Secrets of the Game Sages, that one person develop his AI by playing the game. He start out very simple giving the computer a few things to do and watched the computer. When the computer did something stupid, he would change the AI to fix that problem and then watch it again. It seemed like an interesting method.

I suggest going with the Halflife idea from earlier. You won''t have to worry about the other aspects of game programming if you use a game that is already developed.
Well, this sounds a lot like how a beginning programmer (and sometimes some advanced programmers ) work.
But IMHO it is better to carefully think out a strategy to create a nice AI.
This way it will be less difficult to program since you already know what you''re going to do and you''ll end up with a little less of a mess...

Greetinx,
Airhead_ZooM
---Allow me to clear my head for once...Stop polluting the air!
If you want to concentrate on making AI, then get Q2.
Its pretty cheap, and I know some AI research has been developed with it.

Thats a pretty jackass way to start your life in these forums tho.
"Im 14 and i wanna write AI !!"
It really shouts - newbie !!!
Not that thats bad- but when you make requests, ask for articles/links/ideas.
Act intelligent.

I came, I saw, I got programmers block.
~V''''lion
~V'lionBugle4d
I''m sorry I can''t help you, but if you can help me I could do with some intellegence. The AI type.
Can you forward anything you have on it.

Sean E. Conroy
Sean E. Conroy

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement