• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Problems usig SDL in Visual c++ 2010

This topic is 1924 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

So im trying to get sdl to work with vc++2010 but im running into problem. Im following lazy foos tutorials and i try to get a sample project going i get these errors. It works fine when im using codeblocks, but vc++ just gives errors. Ive attacked a text file that list all the errors. you can download it and tell me what im doing wrong

Advertisement
You posted this two times! I'm not mad, my connection makes this happen to me every once in a while, luckily gamedev.net has a precaution that only lets you post a certain amount over a time frame, but it doesn't always work.
BUGFIX:
These are not errors. They happen when linking all libraries(including SFML and Allegro) with Visual C++ 2010. They are not errors, and they will always happen. Just ignore them and program, you're application will still work fine. I believe it has something to do with dynamically linking libraries, however I do not know. I get this error log on Visual C++ whenever I use a library too. Edited by superman3275

Yeah, happens to me all the time! It's either the site or my crappy connection, and I'm guessing the latter :)!
Anyway, I get the same error log, it's normal and happens in Visual C++ with every library. Just ignore the messages. They won't hinder your debugging either, because you get them at runtime, after the program compiles. This means all the other errors will happen before they're even displayed to the screen. I hope your game development dreams weren't hindered by this troubling experience.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement