Sign in to follow this  
Cornstalks

What helps you be productive? (with everything)

Madhed    4095
I might throw in Wikipedia.
Nothing more irritating than to find out you have spent the last 30 minutes on a hyperlink-binge. [img]http://public.gamedev.net//public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png[/img]

For me, coffee and actually sitting in a coffee shop. I also find that not having anywhere to charge my laptop and sitting in a coffee shop on just battery power helps me focus - it's a case of knowing that I only have a limited amount of time to sit there and work before my battery runs out, so I should make the best use of it.

tstrimp    1798
Scott Hanselman has a great talk on productivity.

[url="http://www.hanselman.com/blog/ItsNotWhatYouReadItsWhatYouIgnoreVideoOfScottHanselmansPersonalProductivityTips.aspx"]It's not what you read, it's what you ignore.[/url]

ddn3    1610
Good night sleep, music, coffee, routine and morning exercise. Also I don't eat a heavy breakfast something light like some organic trail mix ( a mix of nuts and dried fruits ). Seems to work for me. Also it's important to enter what i call "work mode", ie a focus attentive state for working.

Comambo    108
Sound canceling headphones with music or a podcast going (preferably boring so I can zone out easily), drink coffee and/or energy drinks, close everything on my computer except the program I want to work in, then just work.

ISDCaptain01    1496
What I do is I make my self feel guilty of wasting time. I like to optimize my time to get as many things done as possible. I usually set a routine everyday and alot a specified amount of time to each thing I want to do. For example I spend and 1 hour everyday on my own personal programming projects. 2 hours to studying, 1.5 hours on games, 30 mins for working out. Thats my base day and doesnt include time at school. Every moment I waste, could have been spent achieving something. You just gotta have the mentaility "No, I wont let ANYTHING destract me, theres no time to waste!!!!!", although dont burn yourself out either, that will destory your motivation Edited by ISDCaptain01