• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Meat Boy vs. Tofu Boy; What's the difference?

This topic is 1924 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi everyone.
I've been playing Super Meatboy (XBox Live Arcade) for a while now and just learned that there's an "alernative" version called Super Tofu Boy. Besides being free, Tofu boy seems less streamlined, less sharp and overall, less playable than Meatboy. Does anyone know why this is? I'm looking into creating my own platformer on XLA and I want to avoid my game looking like Tofu Boy when it should look and feel more like Meatboy.

Input is greatly appreciated!

Advertisement
Super Tofu Boy was created by Peta as a parody of Super Meat Boy. I doubt they put the same amount of effort into the game that Team Meat did which is why it would seem sub par.

Polish.

Super Meat Boy was created by skilled and experienced developers with the aim of a fun game.
Tofu Boy was created as a parody to push a specific political agenda.

It might take a few tries to get a good process down and get some mistakes out of the way, but if you're really trying to make a good game -- rather than just pushing some agenda or trying to make a quick buck -- then your game won't turn out like Tofu Boy.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement