Animate2D: Cutout Animation Tool for Game Developers

Started by
2 comments, last by jbadams 11 years, 5 months ago

Hey fellow game dev'er and artists. Would be nice to do animations for games on the fly right? Whether on a toilet, long road trip, or lunch break at work. There is a tool that will allow you to create character game loops intended primarily for game developers and import that content into a mobile platform. Animate2D available today in google play. And runs pretty sweet on my g nex.

After having a few casual users evaluate the debug build prerelease, I realized I dipped heavily into the technical aspects of animation transformations a bit too far for the average guy. But in the same sense I feel a few more advanced tools will be necessary to complete the app and some tools that overlap both user groups. And they will come soon but I need a break and need to see if there is a market of such a tool to make it worth it.

Please let me know what you think of it. You can read more from the blog: http://animate2d.blogspot.com
I'm going on a two week vacation. After getting back I will work on tuning it for the apple review board.

Features include:

• Onion Skinning
  • Pinch Zoom
  • Angle transformations
  • Anchor transformations
  • Angle Pinning
  • Position Pinning
  • Rotate about node
  • Rotate self
  • Position self
  • Flip X
  • Flip Y
  • Flip Distance Node Normal
  • Z Order Switching
  • Xray mode
  • Frame Viewer for Navigation
  • Propagate Delta Forward - to transform across frames
  • Propagate Delta Backward - to transform across frames
  • Undo Single Step
  • Insert Frame Forward
  • Insert Frame Backward
  • Step Forward
  • Step Backward
  • Slow Down
  • Speed/Up
  • Play/Pause
  • Cue First Frame
  • Cue Last Frame
  • Save
  • Animation Collection Explorer
  • Cutout Hierarchy Editor
  • PNG Import from /sdcard/Download provided PNGs are 90K or less in size.

Enjoy.

Advertisement
Animate2D Lite is available for free without ads on Google Play
Hello,

Could you please keep it down? I've seen you advertising this tool on three dedicated threads, all of which were bumped today. Additionaly, you've posted it in no less than three of the pinned threads of which only one is dealing with software (the other two being about tutorials and assets).

@JTippetts: Of course this is your decision to make, but is this really considered neither spam nor crossposting? I would have thought at least one of them would have taken effect by now.

bw,
Tobl
Think my post was helpful? Want to thank me? Nothing easier than that: I sure am are a sucker for reputation, so just give it a little keycode 38 if you like. ^^
I'd have to agree with Tobl -- you're basically spamming our forums -- I've closed this topic, I'm deleting one of the others, and removing the remaining active topic from this forum to "Your Announcements" where it belongs. You also need to stop bumping your topics continuously, and be sure that if you recommend your product in other topics it's really relevant and you don't keep bumping the topic with additional questions over time when no-one else has responded.

@Tobl: Please use the "report" links found at the bottom of each post in the forums or the "report this member" link found towards the lower-right of user's profile pages if you think something needs moderator attention. This ensures the issue won't accidentally be missed, and often leads to any problems being dealt with more quickly. Thanks!

- Jason Astle-Adams

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement