This Bothers me.

Started by
2 comments, last by Rambo_Bill 22 years, 6 months ago
Ok, so I'm checking out the Donuts example made in VB using Direct3D. I get as far as the InitGeometry sub which I think I understand until I change some things and don't get any results. Basically, you can Remove all the lines defining vertices for the sprites except the lines that define color and it still works fine. Seems to be alot of work for nothing. Furthermore, he states that the vertices should be defined like this: ' * v1 * v3 ' |\''''''''| ' |''\''''''| ' |''''\''''| ' |''''''\''| ' |''''''''\| ' * v0 * v2 And then procedes to define them like this: ' * v0 * v3 ' |'''''''/| ' |''''''/'| ' |''''/'''| ' |''/'''''| ' |/'''''''| ' * v1 * v4 Even at that, he does not follow his own rules for what .tu and .tv represent. Is this a screwup that just happens to work? he seems to be basically flipping the y definations throughout his code. Oh, and I'd also like to say, can't Microsoft get someone with a clue to write the VB samples. His code is extremely poor at best Edited by - Rambo_Bill on October 14, 2001 10:27:38 AM
Advertisement
hey fellow donuts3D-worker,
check out some of my posts - you may be able to help me out (or vice-versa).

Observe everything, remember more!
if (witisism == !witty) return to_hole
Tom76,
The C donuts3d example is completely different from the VB donuts example. The VB donuts example is supposed to demonstrate how to move 2d images on the screen which in DirectX8 requires the use of Direct3D.

Well, I found my answer. That part of the code is completely unneeded because he redefines all those values (Except color)everyframe. Therefore if you have this example you can remove about a page of code from it without it making any difference. Go figure, M$ must be paying him by the line of code.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement