Direct X beginner

Started by
6 comments, last by ivofilho 22 years, 6 months ago
I would like to have a good tutorial in text format... please if you have some or know where i can get it, send me a message to ivo@filho.net..... regards, Ivo
Surreally , Ivo
Advertisement
For me, Andre LaMothe''s book Windows Game Programming for Dummies was good, as it tells you about directx (though a little outdated it''ll get you going).

Here''s a link for Anthony Roach''s tutorial about directx8.
http://www.codeproject.com/directx/dx8template.asp

It may not make much sense unless you know a bit about directx.
Other than that, download microsoft''s SDK and check the code samples. here''s a directory with tutorials in for direct3D.

Daniel

Observe everything, remember more!
if (witisism == !witty) return to_hole
G''day!

There are a bunch of sites listed in the forum FAQ that have tutorials. Between all of those sites, you should be able to find something you like.

Stay Casual,

Ken
Drunken Hyena
Stay Casual,KenDrunken Hyena
it''s hard to find a simple example in the SDK code, it''s so intertwined, enabling browse information in VC helps alot tho, that''s the first thing i do, for me tho it''s the windows programming that annoys me rather than the API, still love unix, i haven''t left you!
http://nexe.gamedev.net
www.drunkenhyena.com

Eric Wright o0Programmer0o

AcidRain Productions
Eric Wright o0Programmer0o
The Windows Game Programming for Dummies is too old. And as for the Tricks of the Game Programming Gurus, the code on the CD has more bugs than an ant farm. The best one I''ve found, and I''ve searched for a LONG time, is the one found here on Gamedev.net. Just go to Forums and look for the Interactive Game Tutorial. It''s in it''s own category. Even though it''s dead, it has all the information you''ll need to get started.

--Vic--
If you''re looking for a book, I recommend Andre Lamothe''s book "The Zen of Direct3D Game Programming" which is pretty good at explaining things. Not like I''ve used any other books, and I''m still not done reading it and learning it but it''s straightforward. Keep in mind that it assumes you have a certain level of programming experience. Hope this helps.
I still recommend Inside Directx by microsoft press. It saddly is a bit old and covers directx 5 but it is a great book in understanding directx. Of course if you want direct3d or directgraphics youll want to look to some other source.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement