• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

PDCurses+SDL with PNG-based Fonts

This topic is 1919 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

My apologies if I've placed this in the wrong forum[i], [/i]I had an honest look through them to make sure I was posting my first Q where I thought it went (my choices narrowing down to between here and game programming).

After extensive Googling I'm unable to determine how I can use a PNG file directly with the PDCurses+SDL library (if theres a more specific name for this combo, please clue me in). I'm under the impression that roguelikes such as Dwarf Fortress use PDCurses+SDL in conjuction with PNG files.

I'm interested in PNG files largely because I'm hoping it'll be an easier alternative to hex editing the proper palette information into a BMP file. At the moment I'm esentially just trying to make a "Hello, World!" while swapping out various Code Page 437 based fonts that use shading.

Thanks for whatever help you guys can give!

[s]Edit: SDL_TTF finally occurred to me... renewing my google search, feel free to jump in anyone[/s] Edited by CyberJive Arrives From 95

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement