Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matt Calabrese

RIFF

Okay, this isn't so much a Direct X specific question, but encompasses my general misunderstanding of working with RIFF. What I'd like to do is make a RIFF chunk based file, that contains DirectAudio objects such as DirectMusicSegments, etc. similar to a container, except with added credits info, alternate looping settings for certain files, etc. My problem is that I can't find much information on working with chunks at all other than what's included with the general VC++ help and the DirectX help. All I want to know is how I can load an IDirectMusicSegment8 object by reading its chunk in a RIFF file (not just Segments, but any file format. I'm sure it's not hard at all, and once I can do it with segments I can do it with anything, but I'm lost), and in general, how I use data that I "read" from chunks into structures. Please, help me out. I need to do this soon, I only wish I had some better documentation, so if anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd be very grateful. Thank you! EDIT: Also, anyone who can't help me directly, but can help me by telling me of someone who might be able to help me would also be... umm... helpful Thanks again! ---------- Matt Calabrese Open Zelda Sound/Music Programmer, Composer, and Musician Edited by - Matt Calabrese on October 14, 2001 1:33:47 PM