Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

K, this was originally in Direct X programming, but I think that it will get more attention here. This encompasses my general misunderstanding of working with RIFF... What I''d like to do is make a RIFF chunk based file, that contains DirectAudio objects such as DirectMusicSegments, etc. similar to a container, except with added credits info, alternate looping settings for certain files, etc. My problem is that I can''t find much information on working with chunks at all other than what''s included with the general VC++ help and the DirectX help. All I want to know is how I can load an IDirectMusicSegment8 object by reading its chunk in a RIFF file (not just Segments, but any file format. I''m sure it''s not hard at all, and once I can do it with segments I can do it with anything, but I''m lost), and in general, how I use data that I "read" from chunks into structures. Please, help me out. I need to do this soon, I only wish I had some better documentation, so if anyone can point me in the right direction, I''d be very grateful. Thank you! EDIT: Also, anyone who can''t help me directly, but can help me by telling me of someone who might be able to help me would also be... umm... helpful Thanks again! Matt Calabrese Open Zelda Sound/Music Programmer, Composer, and Musician