How can i find my post that has been deleted on gamedev.net?

Started by
6 comments, last by Bacterius 11 years, 6 months ago
Hello,
I've been watching my profile on gamedev.net, and i noticed one of my old posts have been deleted.
I don't feel offended or anything because i probably told something not appropriate, but i am interested what was that.
I cannot learn from my mistakes if i have no access to them, and post i'm talking about isn't visible in posts in my profile - only in statistics.

So yeah, nothing important but i'm curious, how do i find it?
Advertisement
How old was the post you are talking about?

It may be a bug on my end, but I don't see any posts of yours (besides this one).

------------------------
(also, moving you to Comments and Suggestions, where this belongs)

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

I've been not using gamedev.net actively for a while, so it might be even a whole year.

I don't really understand what's going on because posts section is now empty ( i was looking through it like 30 minutes ago ), but here is example of post (or maybe site have multiple and separate sections that i'm not aware of ).

Edit: My guess would be:
I joined my account with google-one quite a while ago, but didn't posted from it yet. Today i logged-in with google, and my old posts are not displayed because of that.
I'm not sure where the disconnect is but I can say that there's only one account linked to both your username and email address so there's no split there. I can also only see this topic and posts you made in here on your profile, nothing older. No idea why

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

I'm also just making an informed guess -- I'll see if we can get Mike to answer more conclusively -- but I think the list of posts indexed in profiles only extends back a certain amount of time in order to keep the site running efficiently. If your posts are older than that they would still be visible on the site, indexed by search engines, etc., but would not show up in your profile.

Unfortunately this does sometimes make it more difficult to find some of your older posts, but if you have an idea of a certain post you're trying to find you should be able to find it using the Google site search box provided towards the upper right.

This is just a guess though -- it is possible you somehow have two different accounts, but if so it's not obvious as Drew ("Gaiiden") says -- if you have any additional information that may help us to search for such an account Drew I or will be happy to have another look for you; just post or private message either of us any information you think might help.

- Jason Astle-Adams

I think Jason may have the answer that matches my thinking closest. I'm not sure either why a post of yours is missing to be honest.
I believe you should be able to use my content to locate an older thread you posted in.

it's in the user name panel up at the top left.
Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.
Google provides a powerful way to locate such specific threads if you know a few tricks. Try googling for instance:

site:gamedev.net "shdpl"
site:gamedev.net "started by shdpl"

The quotation marks tell Google to ignore anything that doesn't exactly match your request, so you can locate your stuff without going through tons of related results.

“If I understand the standard right it is legal and safe to do this but the resulting value could be anything.”

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement