Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Psoda

[java] Problem I'm having that others aren't running my java applet, please help

Psoda    122
I decided to try and make some simple little Java games for fun. I know a little Java and made a little program that allows you to just hit arrow keys so far. The thing is, I can get my applet to run only when I run it through my IDE. When I try to put it on my website it doesn''t run for me, it ran for my friend though just fine. I see the outline of the image but not the image and that little icon in the upper left hand corner within the outline of the image that usually indicates there is a problem displaying the image. Anyone else ever have this problem? Anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks.

Wrathnut    466
We are going to need a bit more info to be of any help. What version of java are you trying to use? What IDE are you using? Do you have a link to something we can look at? And last but not least, have you tried to run it in a browser, not and IDE, and gotten any errors?

War doesn''t determine who is right, war determines who is left.

Psoda    122
I figured it out. I didn''t have a virtual machine for my browser. I thought I did though because I am almost 100% sure I read that IE comes with a VM built in. Got my game going already, adding some simple collision detection and a new graphic. Once I have something to write home about, I''ll post a link to my game on the boards. Thanks for help.