XNA 4.0 Game Development By Example

Started by
3 comments, last by jtripp 11 years, 6 months ago
Hi all,

I recently started going through Kurt Jaegers' XNA 4.0 Game Development By Example book. It's great so far but I have run into a problem. To download the sample resources for the 4 games he makes, you need to go to the publisher's site (www.packtpub.com). I went there, registered, selected the appropriate book and was emailed a link to download these files (http://www.packtpub.com/code_download/6269).

The problem is that this link does not seem to be working. No download starts and I'm simply redirected to the home page. I have tried this multiple times in all the major browsers (Chrome, IE, Firefox) and have even tried downloading another book's resources, but it appears their site is just not working. I emailed the PacktPub site but have yet to hear back.

This seems to be a common book used for beginners to C#/XNA, so I was hoping someone here would either have these files on-hand or know somewhere else to get them. I'd like to get my hands dirty and start working but I can't without any of the texture files, etc that are needed to go with the code in the book.

Sorry for a slightly newbish thread, and thanks for any help!
Advertisement
Seems like its redirecting to the main page, you might need to be logged in.
If you goto http://www.packtpub.com/blah/ you will see they have a 404 page (which you are not getting with that link).

Support is your best bet.
Yeah I've tried logging in, but still the same issue. I get redirected to the main page and no download. I posted a similar thread on xnaresources.com, which is the author Kurt Jaegers' site. He responded saying that he emailed his contact at the publisher and is seeing if they can fix the issue. I guess all I can do is wait for now.
Try right click "Save Target As" or similar

Try right click "Save Target As" or similar

Unfortunately the link isn't a direct link to a file, so clicking "Save Target As" just tries to download the .htm file for the home page after whatever download script that's supposed to be triggered is failing.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement