Windows 8 DirectX Feature Level

Started by
5 comments, last by Such1 11 years, 5 months ago
Hey guys, I upgraded to windows 8 and now my code doesn't work anymore. The debugger says that my hardware doesn't support Compute Shaders. But it used to work when I was on windows 7. Does anyone else has the same problem?
Advertisement
Your drivers still installed?
Yes, I can do everything just fine. Except for that Feature Level. I even tried to upgrade the driver to a windows8 version and still doesn't work.
I really don't know what can cause this problem so if you could give me at least something to try I would appreciate.
It's entirely possible that brand new drivers for Win8 might not be feature-complete at this point. It could be that you have 3D acceleration just fine, but no compute shader.

You could try uninstalling the Win8 drivers and installing Win7 drivers manually. When running the beta I used Win7 drivers for my GPU (Quadro K2000) and those seem to fare better than either Lenovos OEM Win8 driver or nVidea's beta drivers.

throw table_exception("(? ???)? ? ???");

But when I try to install a version that is not for windows 8 I get a message "This system doesn't have the requirements..."
Hi if you are using amd card, can you send me the detailed steps to repro?
I am not using AMD card. And I'm still not able to use DirectCompute

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement