• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Create a own Operating System

This topic is 1914 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Guys do anyone now how to make an os, i know how to program it but still i don't understand some parts in it. How d i make one of my computer run on my own os. And can i juz program the full thing in windows or there is any other ways,??

Advertisement
There's another thread about this with the exact same topic right below your own thread: http://www.gamedev.n...erating-system/

Operating system development might very well be one of the hardest topics to tackle and should only be done when you're very comfortable with a language suited for system programming (eg. C) and an assembly language for the CPU you'll be developing for. You'll also need to have a decent understanding how computers work on a bare metal level, you'll have absolutely no helper libraries at your disposal, you'll literally have to do everything all by yourself.

I've done a few kernels myself, and it takes months to get something you could actually do something useful with, even with a solid background in programming and general computer knowledge.

You're the same person who wanted to write a game engine, right? I think you're setting your goals far too high for your current skill level, start with the basics: one must know how to walk before he can learn how to run Edited by Radikalizm

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement