Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gandolf1212

Need a good C compiler

Well, i was woundering if somone can recomend a good C++ compiler. I want it to be simple but have all the up to date libaries. I have Borland Builder now but it keeps wanting to put everything in a project and make you use it''s VCL (visual component libarary) Anyone have any oppions on other good ones?

Guest Anonymous Poster
Well, although it is not a simple one really, I suggest Microsoft Visual C++. The compiler optimizes good, the MSDN-Help is great, the IDE rocks, and there are some very helpful tools and add-ins for free out there, which additionally enhance the IDE. It is used by most professionals and a lot of source packages are distributed with a MSVC project file. Even Quake. Just my opinion.

quote:
Original post by gandolf1212
I have Borland Builder now but it keeps wanting to put everything in a project and make you use it''s VCL (visual component libarary)

BCB doesnt force you to use the VCL. Go to File->New..., then choose Console Wizard. Here you can choose between console app and regular Win32 app. BCB Pro and Enterprise also lets you use MFC and OWL.

"A society without religion is like a crazed psychopath without a loaded .45"