• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-WING-

D3D Iso Engine - LightMap Issues

This topic is 6066 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Dear guys, I am switching from ddraw to d3d, and started to convert my isometric engine to support Direct3D, i have did it well, but now i am with some probs, and have some questions. Lets see if any1 can help me, thanks in advance. I have a backbuffer where all my screen is drawed, since i am not working with full 3d, my triangles dont have the Z coord, and also, i just use d3d to blit the terrain, and some other things, so, my terrain tile looks like this: /\ / \ / \ \ / \ / \/ Offcourse my terrain tiles change it sizes when i have some elevation... Now my first problem, after i draw my entire screen, i would like to get the entire backbuffer and do lightning on it (Can be lightmap or another thing that makes it work) The first thing i need to do, is to make the screen darker or brighter. I have did this, but then this second problem got me. I have some lightmaps that i need to apply to the backbuffer in order to do a nice light effect. But after i dark the screen, the lightmap dont looks nice, so, one of my solutions was: 1 Fill Screen with Black + 2 Add diferent lightmaps to the entire area, torches, and stuff = SCENE TOTAL LIGHTMAPPED A Black Image with the Lightmaps blended together then Scene (Screen) + Scene LightMap = Screen Lightmapped Hope you guys got my problem. Also, Sorry for english errors Best Regards.

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!