So what do you guys about Windows Phone 8?

Started by
5 comments, last by way2lazy2care 11 years, 5 months ago
Based on the news article on the front page, I think they really have something there. The customizations, syncs with PCs and Tablets, and the look of it all seem to be on point. I can definitely see myself making an app or two for WP8. I'd like to see what the devs are doing to their apps to maximize the WP8 effect.

Is anyone planning to make any [mobile] apps for WP8?

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Advertisement

Based on the news article on the front page, I think they really have something there. The customizations, syncs with PCs and Tablets, and the look of it all seem to be on point. I can definitely see myself making an app or two for WP8. I'd like to see what the devs are doing to their apps to maximize the WP8 effect.

Is anyone planning to make any [mobile] apps for WP8?

The game I work on atm is going to be released on it (multiplatform). I also plan on buying a lumia 920 next as soon as I can get an unlocked one in canada (soon after they add all the phones to the MS store hopefully).
Personally i'm going to look at the platform and possibly buy a device to play around with, it is still too early to actually spend a lot of time developing games for it, It just doesn't have enough marketshare and iOS and Android users are becoming more tightly locked in to their respective platforms as time goes by.

Business apps is a different thing though, WP8 has a fairly solid shot at grabbing a significant chunk of that market.
[size="1"]I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
I've got a friend who has a Windows Phone 7.5 and based on what I've seen with that I really like it; I'll probably be getting a Nokia Lumia 920 myself in a couple of weeks (once I figure out if I want a contract or just to buy the thing outright).

I'd like to do some coding for it, mostly it depends on spare time and having a game idea which would work well on a mobile device like that.
I'll soon get my 920. I already have an 800 and love it. As I have a win8 tablet that i dock at home, and it's my only pc.

So obviously I'll start developing for both version of win8, desktop and phone.

But all i wanted to say is: everyone even just considering it, right now it's 8$ to be able to publish apps for one year instead of 99$, so register now. Totally worth it. For 8 days.
If that's not the help you're after then you're going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia

My Page davepermen.net | My Music on Bandcamp and on Soundcloud

Personally i'm going to look at the platform and possibly buy a device to play around with, it is still too early to actually spend a lot of time developing games for it, It just doesn't have enough marketshare and iOS and Android users are becoming more tightly locked in to their respective platforms as time goes by.

Business apps is a different thing though, WP8 has a fairly solid shot at grabbing a significant chunk of that market.

Isn't that sort of chicken-and-egg though? I mean if everybody has the same mindset, then no one will make apps for it and therefore its marketshare will not rise as fast as it should have. So wouldn't the thing to do is get your app out of there to the people who do have it? Therefore, word of mouth attracts more buyers of hardware and your software.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Isn't that sort of chicken-and-egg though? I mean if everybody has the same mindset, then no one will make apps for it and therefore its marketshare will not rise as fast as it should have. So wouldn't the thing to do is get your app out of there to the people who do have it? Therefore, word of mouth attracts more buyers of hardware and your software.

It's also worth noting that by the time it has marketshare the app marketplace, which isn't that small on windows phone (over 100,000), will probably already be fairly saturated with the 'easy money' apps.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement