Gamedev Users: How many have iOS versus Android

Started by
59 comments, last by swiftcoder 11 years, 5 months ago
I would like to know how many gamedev readers have iOS versus Android.

Please reply to poll, or post as a reply to this thread with iOS, Android, both iOS and Android, oor none of the above to this post.

Thanks.
Advertisement
I have an Android 4.03 Tablet, and as of yesterday, an Android 4.03 phone.
I have a Tracfone, which probably drops my geek factor down a few notches .... on the positive side I payed $25 for it, and it costs me $100 a year for minutes.

I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Cool.. android is dominating so far. Quite unexpected from my side. In New York City it seems like everyone has the iPhone. I have been seeing alot of nexus 7 on the train. My kindle fire collects dust as i have never felt so ripped off in my life. I use my galaxy nexus the most. And my third generation ipad gets used for development. It used to be the flagship product for smoothness experience, but jelly bean on my gnex is without question snappier and smoother overall. Still in love with ipad due to the quality of the display and the sheer vast number of active batch sprites tha can be rendered on the screen at once. My app Animate2D running on ipad can achieve 4000 actively updating sprites at 60 fps without bogging down. Galaxy nexus 800. But the display on g nex is lovely too with deep true black from amoled technology. Thought the quality dimishes with brightness reduced and at full bright very hard to see in full daylight if at all.
I just use an old-school cell phone.

“If I understand the standard right it is legal and safe to do this but the resulting value could be anything.”

I've a Samsung Galaxy S phone, a Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablet and a iPod Touch (oldest of the 3 devices) and use all 3 on a daily basis.

Ask again in a few months and that'll probably change to a Windows Phone 8 device instead of the Galaxy S phone however...
Cool i've wanted to start using win 7.5 and 8 but the game engine i'm using doesnt support it. Early mover iOS fart apps like ant smasher created millions in revenues. So with a not so crowded app store, visibilty should be easier.

I'm also intrigued by nokia screen technology with respect to anti glare/ reflection, visibility during daylight, camera and sound quality through speakers. Too bad nokia decided to be soley a windows phone maker. Bad exec politics to say the least (CEO is an ex-microsoft exec). Android suffers as a result. They make a quality phone.
What engine are you using? Adobe Air lets you target Android and iOS but not Windows Phone yet, but that should be coming early next year. Unity works on WP8.
I'm using WiEngine C++ api which allows me to target windows 7, android, iOS, and mac os X. I've played an adobe air game before and to stay the least suffers from many performance issues causing it to miss events and jerk like crazy on both Android and iOS. But things could be different now with adobe air.

I'm using WiEngine C++ api which allows me to target windows 7, android, iOS, and mac os X. I've played an adobe air game before and to stay the least suffers from many performance issues causing it to miss events and jerk like crazy on both Android and iOS. But things could be different now with adobe air.

Yup. They have graphic card acceleration now, so things are much smoother.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement