Whats up with all the Donuts!?!?!

Started by
6 comments, last by EbonySeraph 22 years, 6 months ago
I hope this doesn''t seem like im going around starting a billion topics(I have a question that I will address in a seperate topic), but I really need to know whats up with all the recent posts with people looking at the Donuts 3D game? Is it just coincidence or did people decide to take a look at it as soon as the first topic about it came up? "Ogun''s Laughter Is No Joke!!!" - Ogun Kills On The Right, A Nigerian Poem.
"Ogun's Laughter Is No Joke!!!" - Ogun Kills On The Right, A Nigerian Poem.
Advertisement
I would like to know what all this stuff about donut''s game is about too. IS it some thing he relased through the forums or what?
quote:Original post by brandon6684
I would like to know what all this stuff about donut''s game is about too. IS it some thing he relased through the forums or what?

Um, Donuts3D is a DirectX SDK sample application. Some people seem to just recently have realized it was there and are now trying to learn from it.

quote:Original post by Ebony Seraph
...whats up with all the recent posts with people looking at the Donuts 3D game?

More importantly, why does it matter? They''re trying to learn, so why get all excited about it. And this question does not belong here either (it''s a Loungge question). :p

quote:"Ogun''s Laughter Is No Joke!!!"

Obatala go off am, joo... ''Im yanga too plenty sef.
hey, I love donuts. They are sweet, tasty, and fried! =)
joking

The nightmare travels across the cosmos with his burning mane. The trail of ash that is produced.

?Have a nice day!?

Well I want to learn Dirext X and this "thing" seems like it could be useful, where can I find it?
quote:Original post by brandon6684
Well I want to learn Dirext X and this "thing" seems like it could be useful, where can I find it?

quote:Original post by Oluseyi
...Donuts3D is a DirectX SDK sample application...

Do the math (logic).
Heh heh... Doughnuts3D is the most impressive example that came with the DirectX 8 SDK... so most people programming in DX already have it on their computer. You can find it in your samples directory at:

...YOUR_DX8_SDK_DIR...\samples\multimedia\Demos\Donuts3D"

or, to make life easy, open up windows explorer "Find" the file "donuts3d.dsw" (the workspace for Doughnuts3D)

BestaLuck!

-C0deFr0g

--------------------------~The Feature Creep of the Family~
lol I feel guilty now haha!
Big thanks to everyone who helped out.

Daniel

Observe everything, remember more!
if (witisism == !witty) return to_hole

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement