XNA: adding 3d model to game

Started by
2 comments, last by Ztalei 11 years, 5 months ago
I'm trying to learn XNA for the first time. I don't know C#, but I do have a decent understanding of C++, so this isn't completely unfamiliar to me. But I'm trying to take a character I modeled in Maya and put it into a 3d game. Really what I'm trying to do is make the character display on the screen--there isn't an actual game yet. So I'm following a tutorial in Learning XNA 4.0 by Aaron Reed.

I thought I'd followed everything properly, but I'm getting errors like this: (FYI, Science is the name I picked for the game for now)

Error 2 The best overloaded method match for 'Science.ModelManager.ModelManager(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game)' has some invalid arguments C:\Users\Dallas Brittany\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Science\Science\Science\ModelManager.cs 41 28 Science

Error 3 Argument 1: cannot convert from 'Science.ModelManager' to 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game' C:\Users\Dallas Brittany\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Science\Science\Science\ModelManager.cs 41 45 Science

Error 4 The name 'Components' does not exist in the current context C:\Users\Dallas Brittany\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Science\Science\Science\ModelManager.cs 42 13 Science

Error 5 The name 'gameTime' does not exist in the current context C:\Users\Dallas Brittany\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Science\Science\Science\ModelManager.cs 71 23 Science

The errors are all in ModelManager.cs, but who knows--maybe I left out something earlier in the tutorial even though it didn't display an error.
I've attached all the files in a .zip. [attachment=12058:Science.zip] But I also attached a .png of what I think is the problem area in the code.

Thanks smile.png
Advertisement
Anyone?
You have to add the model manager in the main Game.cs file. You can't add the model manager as a Component of itself you have to add it to the Game.
Oh, of course, thanks :) I got so caught up trying to follow the directions that I lost my common sense. I also forgot a capital in gameTime (had gametime), haha. It works!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement