The Threat

Started by
3 comments, last by NostraDamon 11 years, 4 months ago

banniere.jpg

Hello everyone, here is the game I'm working on for a few months now smile.png

'The Threat' is a First Person Horror game.
Your goal is to find 3 Gas Cans and escape from this hellish place with your car.
Your only friend: your flashlight. On your way, you will find some useful items (crowbar, wrench, ...), randomly located on the map.

But be CAREFUL, being too NOISY or too VISIBLE can be fatal! For example, try not to use your flashlight too often. Another example: opening a door with the key is a better option than using a crowbar. Indeed, you may attract unwanted trouble being too noisy!

Update:

First gameplay video!
Preview of the flashlight, the flares, and the inventory display.

[media]
[/media]

Here are some screenshots:

TheThreat_screen2_med.jpg

TheThreat_screen4_med.jpg

TheThreat_screen5_med.jpg

TheThreat_screen6_med.jpg

TheThreat_screen1_med.jpg

You may ask: 'Is this a Slender game?'.
No, it is NOT, but it's still inspired by Slender.

TheThreat_screen_slender_med.jpg

The game is not finished, and I don't think a demo will be release before the final version. However, the game development is already well advanced, and I put a lot of work and time on it.

Please take a few seconds to visit the page of the game, where it will be downloadable (once released tongue.png). You can find some additional info and screenshots too: The Threat - Game

I'm planning to create a DevBlog for the game. However, I'm not sure if you guys are interested. Don't hesitate to give me some feeback, I'll keep you posted! ;)
Advertisement
Update:

The DevBlog is now online: The Threat - DevBlog
Please take a look! smile.png
New screenshot:
thethreat_screen_flares.jpg
(Testing the flares smile.png)

Synthetic overview of the AI’s mechanics:
http://thethreatdevb...11/ai_logic.jpg
Update:

First gameplay video!
Preview of the flashlight, the flares, and the inventory display.

[media]
[/media]

All of your feeback/ideas are welcome and a great help to improve the game smile.png
Thanks!
Some Updates!

I worked on the graphics, and made some improvements. I added a lot of bushes, rocks, wood logs, crows and more, to give the world some additional “life”. I also reworked some textures, like the trees, or the terrain (now multi-textured). Here are 5 new screenshots:

TheThreat_screen7_med.jpg

TheThreat_screen8_med.jpg

TheThreat_screen9_med.jpg

TheThreat_screen10_med.jpg

TheThreat_screen11_med.jpg

I also give some further explanations about the gameplay on my DevBlog, please check it out if you are interested: http://thethreatdevb...the-visibility/

Don't hesitate to feedback smile.png
Thanks!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement