Available IP addresses?

Started by
3 comments, last by MatrixCubed 22 years, 6 months ago
I''m looking for a way to enumerate IP addresses available on the computer system for (server) listening, but I''m uncertain how to do this, and I''m not sure what to look for in the Winsock documentation. Can anyone point me in the correct direction? Thanks! MatrixCubed
http://MatrixCubed.org
Advertisement
MSDN  ->Network and Directory Services    ->Network Protocols      ->Internet Protocol Helper        ->SDK Documentation          ->Internet Protocol Helper            ->IP Helper Function Reference              ->IP Helper Functions                ->Categorical Listing                  ->GetIPAddrTable 

Nested deep, but that''s why there''s a search tool...
Yes, I tried that one before too...but if you''re behind a NAT then there''s almost no way to get the right external IP address
www.persistentrealities.com for Inline ASM for VB, VB Fibre, and other nice code samples in C++, PHP, ASP, etc.<br/>Play Yet Another Laser Game!<br/>
Well as far as nat goes the only way I think your gonna get a server to work like what you want is to do a nat mapping from your router to your server.

Something like this for example.

set nat entry 10.0.0.2(or whatever your private ip is) 5000(the port number) this will allow any data coming to your router on port 5000 to goto your server on 10.0.0.2 or whatever.

I could be wrong here but as far as getting nat working and being able to listen for a connection the only way ive ever had it work is through nat entrys and mappings.
Unless your messaging requires the remote system to speak directly with your system, the NAT should be transparent ina majority of the cases.

--------------
-WarMage
...give me infamy...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement