[iOS] Slashear - upcoming fun action game

Started by
7 comments, last by slashear 11 years, 2 months ago

forum-image.png

Good news for those who are tired of boring games with the same type of levels! Introducing Slashear - the new exclusive game universe created by a young team of developers! We worked hard to make it really fun and interesting to play. In this game you will find original graphics, cute enemies with super power abilities and much more.

[SIZE="5"]Look in the crazy [COLOR="Blue"]world of slashear! Like us on [COLOR="blue"]Facebook.

forum-image-game1.png forum-image-game2.png forum-image-game3.png forum-image-game4.png

Advertisement
Looks like a lot of fun!

But aren't you at least a little worried about what the guys who hold the IPs you are "inspired" by will say?
It's quite heavily inspired to say the least, and these guys have staffs of full time lawyers that do nothing else but enforce IP rights.

Hope you don't end up with a law suite after all your hard work!
Olof Hedman, our game is a brand new product which doesn't violate any ip rights. Of course action movies inspired us, but we weren't going to copy anything from theresmile.png

Olof Hedman, our game is a brand new product which doesn't violate any ip rights. Of course action movies inspired us, but we weren't going to copy anything from theresmile.png

You are using character designs that are clearly recognisable as characters from the Marvel universe.
That's generally a Bad Idea, unless you have a licensing deal with Marvel/Disney
I'm not so sure their lawyers will be convinced by bunny ears.

Court maybe, but do you think you have the financial endurance to take it that far? Marvel for sure does.

If I were you, I'd try to make them a bit less obvious.

But maybe I'm just a coward :P

You are using character designs that are clearly recognisable as characters from the Marvel universe.
That's generally a Bad Idea, unless you have a licensing deal with Marvel/Disney
I'm not so sure their lawyers will be convinced by bunny ears.

Court maybe, but do you think you have the financial endurance to take it that far? Marvel for sure does.

If I were you, I'd try to make them a bit less obvious.

But maybe I'm just a coward tongue.png

Anyway, we are going to make unique enemies design, and they won't have resemblance with any other characters.
Wish I could up-vote Olof'f posts! I love the Castle Crashers vibe of the game, but dropping AT-ATs and Incredible Hulks into the game like that is asking for trouble.

Life in the Dorms -- comedic point-and-click adventure game out now for Xbox Live Indie Games!

My portfolio: http://paulfranzen.wordpress.com/

We'll take your opinion into consideration surely, its really important for us. Thanks for your advertency smile.png
Description updated, so now it looks better i guesssmile.png

BTW, added new landing page on the game site!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement