• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2COOL4-U

RTS Game

This topic is 6114 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am going to develop an RTS game. I created the basics, an array that stores the type of ground, 0 for grass, 1 for water, 2 for Ore. Made a simple way to move over the map in NukeDX. Made a class for vehicles and for infantry. Now I was wondering if someone has a good example of an RTS game with source available for download. So I can take a look at it, to see how they did it. Jeroen "2COOL4-U" de Haas - DefenceAlliance Project Leader/Coder - TacticalOps Linux Beta Tester

Advertisement
I think it''s called Freecraft--get it from sourceforge. Just do a search for RTS or real time strategy and it''ll come up with at least a few projects.

quote:
Original post by Vendayan
Dont know where to find them but the original quake and desent games are both open source code now.

~Vendayan

They aren''t exactly RTS'' though

(RTS = Real-Time Strategy)

Guest Anonymous Poster
Starcraft is a good example of an RTS game.

Yep, ok this is the URL of my RTS project
http://2cool.free.fr/rts.html If any of you guys is interested in helping me out. Just mail me

Jeroen "2COOL4-U" de Haas
- DefenceAlliance Project Leader/Coder
- TacticalOps Linux Beta Tester

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!