Real-time Multiplayer Framework (Mobile)

Started by
1 comment, last by starbasecitadel 11 years, 4 months ago
Hey guys, I've been working on a real-time multiplayer framework that I thought some of you might find pretty useful.
www.soragora.com

The client library hooks up with our server to handle all the network communication between multiple devices and ensures state synchronization.

The authoritative server also handles player matchmaking and room hosting. If you don't want to host it yourself, you can always use the cloud service.

Thought that this could be a good toolkit for those of you building multiplayer games. If you're interested, sign up and I'll send you access to our Java client and server. Hope it helps!
Advertisement
Synchronous multi-player... meh.

If this was asynchronous multi-player capable, I'd be all over this. Sadly, no one seems interested in building anything like that. Granted, it's not too hard to set up oneself, but the match-making, account-creating, and similar services that one needs would really benefit from a common framework.

Michael A. - Software Engineer, moonlighting as a game developer
A Brief History of Rome
Pirates and Traders

I'm writing a game that is asynchronous, multi-player (UDP, authoritative server, thin client). The plan is for each game instance to support 100-250 simultaneous players in real-time (5-10 UDP packets per second per player).

I wasn't able to find any existing server SDK's that were a good fit so I have been writing all my services from scratch. Initially, I was using LuaJit, but ran into so many incompatibility / cross-library related headaches that I switched to Google's Go language and it has increased my productivity substantially.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement