where to get started

Started by
1 comment, last by 3Ddreamer 11 years, 5 months ago
hey guys i want to get started in game making ive learned a good bit of C# and would like to start working on a game. what do i do?
Advertisement
Read me. If you are interested specifically in C# only, read just me.

Most importantly, get started. Jump in and learn, doesn't really matter all that much what. Dont ponder over technology all that long, as you really aren't at the stage that it makes a difference anyways.
miradosamurai,

So you have some solid experience with C#. You should go immediately into programming simple games after you choose a development environment or framework for C#.

Make simple games for a while, about 5 to 10 of them. Look at making Pong, Tic-Tac-Toe (with and without AI), Defender, Tetris, Pac Man, Asteroids, and other of the simpler 2D games.

Look at XNA, SharpDX, MonoDevelop/Mono, or continue with Visual Studio. You could also just for the sake of thoroughness look at some other things such as Axiom 3D or Unity 3D. You can build some or all of the simple games with any of these. Really do your research into these to satisfy your mind.

Enjoy!

Clinton

Personal life and your private thoughts always effect your career. Research is the intellectual backbone of game development and the first order. Version Control is crucial for full management of applications and software. The better the workflow pipeline, then the greater the potential output for a quality game. Completing projects is the last but finest order.

by Clinton, 3Ddreamer

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement