Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RonaldRasStudent

I need some advice

3 posts in this topic

Hello! I'm working on a game interface course and would like some overall advice.
Let's say your game interface is centered on a heroic doctor in a hospital full of chaos. Your mission is to kill monsters with guns, and throwing projectiles. This game is on the Xbox 360. Command function is triggered by pressing the LT button to aim, and RT button to fire. To throw projectiles you press the LB button. To pick up objects you walk up to an object and press the X button. When you grapple with a monster you either press the LT and RT simultaneously, or you press the A button. Depending on the situation. This is an action/adventure game. I need to know if my functions will make easy game play.
What are your thoughts and recommendations? I am open to new ideas!

Well, I don't see anything wrong with the layout you have planned, I think it would work just fine :)

P.S. If I got it right, you're going to have some quicktime events, if so make sure to test layouts for them and make sure it's nor too easy to pull one of, nor too hard for the player to complete it.

Thanks for responding to my post.

Yes I will have some quicktime events. Thanks for the advice on this. Do you have any other advice for me?

Some good advice that was taught to me was this: while making sure the game is fun to play, make sure the controls don't distract the character from the game. Because if the controls are too distracting or take to long to learn, nobody would play it. However,if you change the controls a bit but not to much to make the player confused, it will all be good. I think you did a good job.