Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sndrsn

Selling a Game

Sndrsn    122
I like Game Programming but do not want to make a career out of it. If I write a game I do not have the ability to make boxes, manuals, etc. Is it possible for me to sell my game to a comapany who would produce and sell it

magnwa    122
Not without a major investment, no.. unless the game is REALLY good. Companies don''t spend money without knowing that their partners are spending it too.

Magnwa

brandon6684    123
There are companies like Xtreme Games that will publish just about any games ans good as they''re just not completly crap or unless it a text based RPG. Also if your game is okay you might talk to shrapnel Games who published Space Empires IV. All of these are companies who do their business over the internet for the most part, so you wouldn''t be seeing your game when you walked into Wal-mart. These companies do your boxes and stuff for you I belive. If you do your own box and manuals, there are some sites that you can sell through and be your own publisher, but if it''s just for fun this may be a bit more work.

Necrosis    150
The Xtreme Games that brandon mentioned looks very promising (in my eyes at the very least). To read up on the details, go to http://www.xgames3d.com/and click on the ''Publishing'' link.

Never forget, All your base are belong to us!

Hase    313
there´s actually quite a few publishers that deal with small games...

XGames3d, egames, Real, and a few others (at least those are the only three I have not heard bad things about in one way or another)