Selling a Game

Started by
5 comments, last by Sndrsn 22 years, 6 months ago
I like Game Programming but do not want to make a career out of it. If I write a game I do not have the ability to make boxes, manuals, etc. Is it possible for me to sell my game to a comapany who would produce and sell it
Advertisement
Not without a major investment, no.. unless the game is REALLY good. Companies don''t spend money without knowing that their partners are spending it too.

Magnwa
If you design the box, manual, etc etc... you may have a better chance, though.
------------------------------Put THAT in your smoke and pipe it
There are companies like Xtreme Games that will publish just about any games ans good as they''re just not completly crap or unless it a text based RPG. Also if your game is okay you might talk to shrapnel Games who published Space Empires IV. All of these are companies who do their business over the internet for the most part, so you wouldn''t be seeing your game when you walked into Wal-mart. These companies do your boxes and stuff for you I belive. If you do your own box and manuals, there are some sites that you can sell through and be your own publisher, but if it''s just for fun this may be a bit more work.
The Xtreme Games that brandon mentioned looks very promising (in my eyes at the very least). To read up on the details, go to http://www.xgames3d.com/and click on the ''Publishing'' link.

Never forget, All your base are belong to us!
there´s actually quite a few publishers that deal with small games...

XGames3d, egames, Real, and a few others (at least those are the only three I have not heard bad things about in one way or another)
Also, don''t forget about shareware...you can let people play a free demo and then they can send you money for the free version.

A CRPG in development...

Need help? Well, go FAQ yourself.
Need help? Well, go FAQ yourself. "Just don't look at the hole." -- Unspoken_Magi

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement