Work in progress projects in demo reel?

Started by
3 comments, last by 3DModelerMan 11 years, 5 months ago
Would this be a bad idea? I have a project that has some pretty polished gameplay, but I haven't completed it's content yet. I want to apply for a game programming job and I've finished one other game project, and this one's about half way finished. I don't think one game would be enough but this one is half done. I'm probably going to have some other stuff one my demo reel as well (small demo projects like graphics demos, physics, etc).
Advertisement
As long as it's yours, you're free to show it in your portfolio.
In general, it's not good to include stuff you have to apologize for or "explain," but if that's all you've got, go for it. Also you can put a link in your cover email and say "here's what I'm working on currently." No apologies necessary.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Okay. I'll do that then. I'll just mark it as work in progress. What kind of demos should I make aside from my finished games?
In my opinion, it depends on what your part is. For example, if the game's halfway there but you have a song or a character model or game engine to go with the game, those pieces would still be good to include. Nothing you should have to explain or rationalize unless there's a good reason for it.
I built the entire game except for the music.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement