Graphics library demo

Started by
4 comments, last by unbird 11 years, 4 months ago
I just finished a demo for my graphics library that is under development. It lets you create objects, lights and play around with some terrain tools to show the current features. I plan to continue improving the library, adding more features and use it in my next game projects. Some of the current features:

• Multiple lights
  • Hardware skinning
  • Model importer (Assimp)
  • Normal mapping
  • Shadow mapping
  • Heightmap terrain
  • Basic collision detection

It's written in C++ and uses DirectX 11 for rendering, Gwen for the UI and Assimp to import models. If you are interested in the source code then take a look at my github profile.
The demo application can be downloaded from my homepage.

I made a short video showing what it looks like:
[media]
[/media]

And here's a screenshot:
yNPCg.jpg

Thanks for reading!
Advertisement
Looks pretty solid, good work :D
Thanks Ashaman! :)
very impressive work! can you share what books,articles,etc did you use to build this awesome project ? :)
Thanks DpakoH! The book I used to learn about DirectX 11 was Frank D. Lunas book Introduction to 3D Game Programming with DirectX 11, It's really good. I had some troubles extracting the bone animation data from Assimp, but this article and downloadable code on nolimitsdesigns.com helped me a lot :)
Nice work. No glitches (Win7 64, AMD Phenom, Geforce 560), and well structured code. Congrats.

Hmmm, why can't one +1 this ? Heck, it's githubbed.

PS: Yep, my vote for Luna, too (I would have bought that book, if Jasons/MJPs did not come earlier, but for beginners Luna is probably better)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement