3D model software for use with LWJGL?

Started by
5 comments, last by debarra 11 years, 5 months ago
Could someone please name a couple of free programs I could use to make models for use in a 3D game made with LWJGL.
Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Have a look at blender, it has somewhat of a learning curve, but it will get manageable with some practice

Also next time try to use google for these kinds of questions, a search for "free modelling software" or "free modelling programs" comes up with quite a few valid results, including blender, and takes roughly 5 seconds while waiting for an answer to your question can take considerably longer.

I gets all your texture budgets!

Thanks for the quick answer. The thing is I've tried Blender and found it very hard to use, especially since I'm on a laptop. I am looking for another program that can be used in conjuction with LWJGL.
What exactly did you find hard about blender? There are some excellent tutorials available on their website which explain how to work with keyboard shortcuts (which is quite essential for working with blender), and once you've learned those you'll have a much easier time.
Personally I think it's worth it to invest the time required into learning blender, it's a really powerful application, and maybe even the best free solution out there.

I know this might sound stupid but it's the fact that I don't have a mousewheel and therefore can't change orientation.
I think almost any modelling package will depend on the scroll wheel one way or another, so maybe it'd be a good idea to get a mouse which has one...

I guess I can find a way around it with Blender. Thanks for the quick responses!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement