Check Out This Awesome C++ Lesson

Started by
23 comments, last by slicer4ever 11 years, 5 months ago
I taught my friend C++ over Steam chat, here's how it went.. Enjoy.

5:37 PM - Jack: Also you need to put semicolons all over the place.
5:37 PM - Jack: There's not much ryhme or reason as to where you put them, but trsut me, you need them.
5:39 PM - Scamster: smile.png
5:40 PM - Jack: Whenever some comes to me and says their game is broekn, I tell them it's probably a semicolon, and it almost always is.
5:40 PM - Jack: No why I say there is no rhym or reason is because...
5:40 PM - Jack: class SomeClas { }; <= needs semicolon
5:40 PM - Jack: but
5:41 PM - Jack: namespace SomeNamesapce {} <= doesn't ened semicolon.
5:41 PM - Jack: And...
5:41 PM - Jack: switch(somevalue){} <= doesn't need semicolon.
5:41 PM - Jack: but.
5:41 PM - Jack: enum SOMENUM{}; <= needs semicolon.
5:41 PM - Jack: Also
5:41 PM - Jack: for(int i=0; i<3; i++){} <= has semicolons in weird places, but doesn't need one at the end.
5:42 PM - Jack: What's alright though is if you add a semicolon where you don't need one, in many cases it's okay.
5:42 PM - Jack: not the namespace one thugh.
Advertisement
Wow. You're funny. Not.

Wow. You're funny. Not.

Wow. You're funny. Not.

@OP: I appreciated it :)
[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]

[quote name='Alan Greenspan' timestamp='1353631940' post='5003349']
Wow. You're funny. Not.

Wow. You're funny. Not.

@OP: I appreciated it smile.png
[/quote]

You've got to be kidding me, this sounds like a joke some tween who just started learning C++ made to his friend who knows nothing about programming.

[quote name='Cornstalks' timestamp='1353632933' post='5003350']
[quote name='Alan Greenspan' timestamp='1353631940' post='5003349']
Wow. You're funny. Not.

Wow. You're funny. Not.

@OP: I appreciated it smile.png
[/quote]

You've got to be kidding me, this sounds like a joke some tween who just started learning C++ made to his friend who knows nothing about programming.
[/quote]
I have a decent response for that, but I'm not going to feed the troll. It just sucks you have to be a kill joy on this site.
[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]
Killing joy is my job here: angry.png

In responce to OP - Interesting topic, but I fail to see the humor in the post

I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

It's not really funny (at least to me, and I know a bit of C++) because semicolons in C++ actually have do a rhyme and reason to them, except perhaps the namespace one. But that's just my opinion, no one else's and unlike the (now banned) member above, I do not draw unwarranted conclusions from it.

“If I understand the standard right it is legal and safe to do this but the resulting value could be anything.”

not really sure what the OP is attempting to do here, humor seems to be the objective, but i personally don't really see any here...and truly hope he's not being sincere.
Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.
I smiled and then remembered it was morning. It's generally much better advice than any advice I would have given when I was starting ("Just keep trying to turn all the *s into &s or ->s until it compiles").

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement