Developing Cross platform

Started by
1 comment, last by MichaelCrook 11 years, 5 months ago
I've decided to start working on a cross platform (windows/linux) game.. Too bad it's a total mind F*(&.. I've got a svn repository setup and now I'm getting everything else done, I want to use the SFML library, but this is where the problem comes in.. How do I deal with linking to the libraries from multiple platforms.. I wanted to use codeblocks (as it is cross platform) to develope so I could just use the same project file, but now it seams as if that may be implausable.. Do I need to use a makefile?? if so, would somthing as such as cmake be better? I only have used basic makefiles and personally I hate having to go to the extra effort which an ide does for you, which is why I'm dreading this.
Advertisement
Go to project properties and set up separate build targets if needed.

Does SFML really need that though? Isn't it a dynamic library? You shouldn't need to link any extra dependencies. I don't remember what were SFML's requirements though, so I may be wrong.
Don't pay much attention to "the hedgehog" in my nick, it's just because "Sik" was already taken =/ By the way, Sik is pronounced like seek, not like sick.
I think the smartest thing to do will be learn to use cmake properly then use that, so I'ma do some cross platform development research like I should have in the first place then I'll report back any tips

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement