[Help] GLFW Setup Tutorial Needed

Started by
2 comments, last by FLeBlanc 11 years, 5 months ago
Over the past few days, I have been torturing myself, trying to figure out how to set up a basic GLFW project, I attempted in both Netbeans and in Code::Blocks. I also tried looking up a tutorial for setting up a project, and have yet to find one. I don't really mind which IDE the tutorial uses, I am open for change, I just need a tutorial on the basics of setting it up. Thank you, if you can help.

tl;dr I need a tutorial on setting up a GLFW project, IDE does not matter.
Advertisement
Have you tried the docs? What was the problem with your previous attempts? GLFW isn't a "tricky" library (there are some out there). As long as your includes are where they can be found and your library is where it can be found, it should be as straightforward as can be.

Have you tried the docs? What was the problem with your previous attempts? GLFW isn't a "tricky" library (there are some out there). As long as your includes are where they can be found and your library is where it can be found, it should be as straightforward as can be.

The issue I am having is, it wont compile. but I really don't know what I am doing right/wrong. I need tutorial showing me everything I need to do to set it up correctly, so I can compile it and release it.
Try checking the release notes for the current version: http://www.glfw.org/release-2.7.7.html

Edit: For reference, I just downloaded GLFW 2.7.7. Opened a command prompt, changed to the root directory of the source, and executed mingw32-make.exe (Code::Blocks, gcc 4.7). It presented me with a list of targets; re-executed mingw32-make.exe win32-mingw and it built flawlessly. So maybe instead of just asking for a tutorial on something that apparently isn't really difficult enough to require one, you could instead state the specifics of your problems and maybe we could help you out.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement