• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Design: Hellish Administrator. Feedback?

This topic is 1974 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
Yes, I love the idea! (Actually, there are 4 uprates :)). The idea is very unique, it sounds great! Of course, I love Simcity :)

Really love the concept, but I'm not sure if there's any other feedback I can offer... did you have any questions, or are there any particular areas that worry you?

Please let us know if you make any progress with this, as I'd love to give it a try! smile.png

I very much enjoy the idea of this kind of game. Admittedly even though it is effectively Theme Hospital with a Hell skin thrown over it I love the imagination it takes to come up with such an idea in the first place and I applaud you for your ingenuity! I do think this would be worth pursuing as a development project and I believe with the right humor (you want to keep it lighthearted or it may offend more "conservative" gamers) and art style it could be a big success. If you get some conceptual stuff out there (artwork/gameplay) I believe you would find a decent following in no time at all. Good luck in your endeavors and I look forward to hearing more about this in the future! Edited by Lord Darkshayde

I very much enjoy the idea of this kind of game. Admittedly even though it is effectively Theme Hospital with a Hell skin thrown over it I love the imagination it takes to come up with such an idea in the first place and I applaud you for your ingenuity! I do think this would be worth pursuing as a development project and I believe with the right humor (you want to keep it lighthearted or it may offend more "conservative" gamers) and art style it could be a big success. If you get some conceptual stuff out there (artwork/gameplay) I believe you would find a decent following in no time at all. Good luck in your endeavors and I look forward to hearing more about this in the future!

Agreed on the humor. It can be a sensitive subject in some circles. But I think with a cartoonish style, and ludicrous humor it should take any connection to the religious angle.

BTW, I find ideas come to you in the strangest of situations, and my tablet isn't far away so I can also make a note to myself and come back to it later. For this idea, my son (who's 6) was sitting next to me on my tablet watching Youtube videos. I was watching some show on Discovery that was talking about Hell and the seven sins. I don't know how or why he watched it, but he pulled up a Theme Hospital video. That was one of my favourite games in my younger years and I was telling him about the game when it just hit me. "Imagine if instead of a hospital it was Hell!"

Like I say, ideas come to you at the strangest times. :)

I like the idea very much.

The language you have used to describe Hell makes it sound very much like a hospital ("practitioner", "diagnosis" etc). I think that this is a good humerous angle, but wonder if it might be placing the game just a little too close to Theme Hospital. Perhaps you could tweak things slightly to better mesh with the Hell theme: the sweet spot might be somewhere slightly further along the scale between "practitioner" and "torturer", or "diagnosis" and "judgement".

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement