my school blows

Started by
11 comments, last by Dwarf King 11 years, 4 months ago
I need my transcripts.

I paid several grand to this large state school to get my grades. Or more accurately I went into financial indentured servitude to someone else so they could pay several grand to this large state school to get my grades. They are grades I played starcraft and failed my way to fair and square. Yet the records office won't let me in person and with my documents and no holds

View my grades online

They won't let me get a print out

They won't let me pay and get a print out.

They won't let me pay and wait a couple days and come back and get them.

They won't pull up it up on the screen and let me look at it because 'they don't have access to it' which is probably a lie because I watched someone previously pull part of it up.

They won't let me mail it to myself quickly, because its 'unfair to low income students' lol wut?

They (Half the office in unison) told me (after I interrupted their gossiping) that there is absolutely no one to talk to, and no way to make a compromise or come up with an alternate plan to see them in any form. (and then they went back to talking about their lame thanksgiving recipes)

The ONLY thing they will graciously allow me to do is pay to fill out paperwork to give them to BS around with until they decide to submit it to processing which will then twiddle their thumbs until they get around to finishing it and pass it out to the post office which will fart around until they get to sending it all the way back to me. There is no rush option in the interest of 'fairness'. By the end of this process which could take weeks I may completely miss an important deadline. If paying for college doesn't get you a look at your grades what does it get you?

So thats the situation I'm in...any suggestions?

TL DR Dopey pencil pushers won't let me see my grades. Need advice to bask in my Ds and Fs ASAP.
Advertisement
If you need an official transcript sent to someone then you need to play their game: fill out the papers, pay the cost, and let it go through the system.

Be careful since most places require it to come directly from the school to them, not from the school to you to them. If someone wants the official transcript make sure the school gets their address correctly.

You will find this to be the case for all large organizations and their official paper copies.

If paying for college doesn't get you a look at your grades what does it get you?

It gets you the classes you apparently weren't very interested in.

It's quite normal to have to follow such a process.

- Jason Astle-Adams

If you need an official transcript sent to someone then you need to play their game: fill out the papers, pay the cost, and let it go through the system.

Be careful since most places require it to come directly from the school to them, not from the school to you to them. If someone wants the official transcript make sure the school gets their address correctly.

You will find this to be the case for all large organizations and their official paper copies.

No as I said above I don't need to send my grades I simply need to (see) my grades. And I know they can pull it up but they won't.

[quote name='Jarwulf' timestamp='1353580249' post='5003194']
If paying for college doesn't get you a look at your grades what does it get you?

It gets you the classes you apparently weren't very interested in.

It's quite normal to have to follow such a process.
[/quote]

Maybe I was mistaken to have assumed they operated like the other schools I've been to and didn't have a completely illogical policy. But its done so I'm focused more on looking for ways to pry the grades from their claws than garnering stern disapproval for not going through their song and dance. .
Really? They won't let you view your grades online? Did you ask them why that is?

Really? They won't let you view your grades online? Did you ask them why that is?

The online thingie is for students only even though other schools don't have such a restriction I don't know the precise reason but the evidence suggests laziness. Not that this would be a problem if they would let me see my grades in person.

[quote name='Oberon_Command' timestamp='1353608648' post='5003289']

The online thingie is for students only even though other schools don't have such a restriction I don't know the precise reason but the evidence suggests laziness. Not that this would be a problem if they would let me see my grades in person.
[/quote]

And you aren't a student? How do you even have grades if you aren't a student.

Something doesn't add up there...

[quote name='Jarwulf' timestamp='1353610340' post='5003293']
[quote name='Oberon_Command' timestamp='1353608648' post='5003289']

[/quote]

And you aren't a student? How do you even have grades if you aren't a student.

Something doesn't add up there...
[/quote]

If it is not already clear I am former student. My other schools have absolutely no problem letting me get in a peek at my grades even though I no longer attend. I've already blown a pretty penny for the privilege of generating them so I don't think its unreasonable to expect access when it would only take a few keystrokes of effort on their part. At the very least they should provide so muckymuck that people can appeal to in cases where exceptions to policies need to be made instead of stonewalling me and claiming there is nobody that can do anything.
Well unfortunately absurd bureaucracy also exists in real life, so consider this one last life lesson from them to you.

-Mark the Artist

Digital Art and Technical Design
Developer Journal

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement