How a team for 2D JRPG should be formed

Started by
14 comments, last by HipK 11 years, 4 months ago
You could just work on a lot of failed projects, and see who sticked their heads out.
Meet up with these people and present them with your plan. Let them build that project along with you.
That way, you'll have individuals that you know are able to get the job done, and give them a reason to care.
That's what I tend to do, and while there is still risk involved, it tends to work out fine.
Advertisement
Money is the easiest way to get people to do something they don't want to.

Being at the 90% point is the next surest way to get a team running.

Next is continued forward progress.
___
Basically you'll need the last two, and could probably argue for 2 of the 3 pretty decently.

Pick smaller projects that are quickly "playable" without support and require minimal initial manning. Once you're at that point forward progress becomes visible and every change has feedback.

You could just work on a lot of failed projects, and see who sticked their heads out.
Meet up with these people and present them with your plan. Let them build that project along with you.

That mean i have to join in some failing project before? biggrin.png
Sorry but i haven't fully understand your suggestion.

Money is the easiest way to get people to do something they don't want to.

Being at the 90% point is the next surest way to get a team running.

Next is continued forward progress.
___
Basically you'll need the last two, and could probably argue for 2 of the 3 pretty decently.

Pick smaller projects that are quickly "playable" without support and require minimal initial manning. Once you're at that point forward progress becomes visible and every change has feedback.

Eh,it's always about money rolleyes.gif

That's why i want to be at an advance point with the programming part before making a team.
When this is done the main thing that will make the project run are the making of new sprites.

Thanks.
The suggestion from Orymus, is see who is "actually there" by joining other projects. When they inevitably fail you aren't flailing in the dark to find people, and if the the project doesn't fail it's still a win since you now have something to put under "previous work". Both cases you get tons of experience.

That mean i have to join in some failing project before?
Sorry but i haven't fully understand your suggestion.

The truth is, most projects fail, no matter how much preparation and dedicated people you have. My advice is to jump in anyway, as there is always something to be earned, whether personal experience or networking, etc. The best projects out there are made by people that did that, learned stuff, found other people, and in the end, all came through with one big thing they managed to complete.

The truth is, most projects fail, no matter how much preparation and dedicated people you have.

The sad true about indie projects...
But you're right,there's always the chance to learn from that.

Thanks to everyone for the advices!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement