AI Space Pathing

Started by
1 comment, last by Telcontar 11 years, 4 months ago
I'm working on a type of space shooter for android and needed some help with enemy AI. What I'm looking for is info on how to do things such as ship formations (making multiple ships follow a path) etc. I have worked with steering behaviors before, but I don't think it's quite what i'm looking for. I think the solution is more than likely pathing. I want ships to follow a bezier type path just like you see on nearly every space shooter. I also would like to be able to implement different types of ship formations. If someone could point me to some good resources or explain some of the logic to me I would be greatful. I've been looking around the net for a few days and haven't really found what I'm looking for.
Advertisement
Steering behaviours are exactly what you want here. Following a spline is just steering, and formations can be accomplished by implementing steering behaviours that simply try to stay near some fixed offset from a "leader."

Wielder of the Sacred Wands
[Work - ArenaNet] [Epoch Language] [Scribblings]

As Apoch said: Steering behaviors. This website may be of use to you, especially the "Combined Behaviors and groups" demos.

I Create Games to Help Tell Stories

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement