Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ISDCaptain01

Need to know some definitions

9 posts in this topic

Okay as I read some post, theres some term I dont quite understand what they mean. I hope some of you can define and explain them to me:

1)Brute force

2)MFC

3)Wrapper

4)dll

[quote name='Álvaro' timestamp='1353974614' post='5004357']
I like to refer to MFC as Microsoft Fried Chicken. [img]http://public.gamedev.net//public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png[/img]
[/quote]

Wow, that's a lot more polite than what I used the F in MFC for... [img]http://public.gamedev.net//public/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.png[/img]

Because of all the microsoft windowing libraries (windows API, winforms, wpf) it's far and away the worst.

Google is too mainstream, try Bing

Also I use WPF, WinForms and MFC, MFC gets far too much criticism, not sure why doesnt seem all that bad Edited by Dynamo_Maestro

To give some idea about the scope of the problem with MFC, not only is it a C++ library that was designed before C++ was standardized, it was designed before many of what now would be considered essential parts of the language were added. As such it does wonky things like have CRuntimeClass instead of using C++'s RTTI, has a custom exception system, and so on. And you can't just ignore the custom MFC versions of these things and use the native C++ versions, because of they are at the heart of the framework. Every time you use MFC it's like programming back in 1995 all over again.