Temple run clone

Started by
14 comments, last by rajesh msen 11 years, 4 months ago
Hi guys,
How much budge and time needed to produce a game like Temple run with the exact same features. I am asking about only programming not the arts . Thanks in advance .

msen
Advertisement
Need more information.

What are your target platforms?

Would you use a game engine like Unity?

How many programmers will you have?

How experienced are your programmers?

Even after having this information, we can only give you wild guesses.
target platform is iOS and i want to take only one developer . Unity3d game engine . 4 years experienced programmer can you guess approximately how much it will cost for development and time frame . Only programming not game assets . thank you
programmingwise it is an insanely simple game (Especially with an engine like unity), so a few weeks should be enough. it is the artwork that requires the real work for such a game.
[size="1"]I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
no i am talking about everything i that game not just running . coin effects , special powers and there effects , implementing transaction for buying coins , gui , polishing and testing . Complete game . How much approzi budget it will take and how many months . thank you

no i am talking about everything i that game not just running . coin effects , special powers and there effects , implementing transaction for buying coins , gui , polishing and testing . Complete game . How much approzi budget it will take and how many months . thank you

as i said, its not that much, the running is a few hours work with Unity3D, a few weeks is more than enough to implement transactions(there are finished libraries for this), gui, special coins, etc.
Artwise you got several manmonths of work though.
[size="1"]I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

If you're serious about this, you may be able to find art assets already for sale that could either complete your game or significantly reduce time spent. If you can't find the complete set, you may be able to pay the creator of the assets to create any additional ones you need using a similar style. Otherwise you'll have to mix and match, or find another good artist who can create art in a style similar to the other.

[quote name='rajesh msen' timestamp='1354134652' post='5005057']

as i said, its not that much, the running is a few hours work with Unity3D, a few weeks is more than enough to implement transactions(there are finished libraries for this), gui, special coins, etc.
[/quote]
I had seen the video of the guy called david whatley . He did the porting work of the temple run to other platforms through unity3d . He took the obj -c codes and ported it into unity3d scripts it took months to finish it . So please don't through something . I want to know the approx budget and time frame but close to reality . Thanks
A good programmer might take < 1 month. A bad one will take many months / years. So, somewhere in that range. Every programmer is different. Good ones are hundreds of times better than others.

A good programmer might take < 1 month. A bad one will take many months / years. So, somewhere in that range. Every programmer is different. Good ones are hundreds of times better than others.

Yeah i know man . David whatley is a good programmer he is the founder and creator of Hero engine .
http://video.unity3d.com/video/6957737/unite-2012-the-temple-run
I am wondering why there is so much confusion in telling budget ? No one said budget till now :P

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement