Sign in to follow this  
Crusable77

OOP and SDL problems

Crusable77    594
Hello, i am trying to setup a class for handling everything in my program so that the my main.cpp isn't cluttered. However i have some SDL_Surfaces that i need to use in different member functions of the class, but the program crashed when i defined them in the class and then initialize them in the constructor. So i initialize them in the class as const static SDL_Surfaces; I still got an error saying i need to have a const member to initialize them in the class. Could someone please show me a different method, or fix my method. Thanks Edited by Mathew Bergen

fastcall22    10838
[quote name='Mathew Bergen' timestamp='1354168981' post='5005203']
... but the program crashed when i defined them in the class and then initialize them in the constructor. So i initialize them in the class as const static SDL_Surfaces; I still got an error saying i need to have a const member to initialize them in the class....[/quote]
Sounds to me like you're attempting to use SDL before initializing SDL.

Crusable77    594
I initialized it in my constructor, but when the SDL_Surfaces are in the constructor it cannot find them through tho rest of the class, that's why i need help, i'm not sure what to do to fix it.