• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
thornx1

Sockets and networking in c++

This topic is 2086 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am having troubles in finding tutorials on how to program using sockets and networking,

although i have some information on networking it is mostly small tidbits of information, what i am looking for is large tutorials so i can learn everything on the subject instead of getting lost without some pieces i cant find. could someone please help me find some tutorials on each subject?

I have no clue where to search i tried basic google searches like "sockets in c++" or "networking tutorial c++" and variations of them.

Advertisement
If you want a "complete" tutorial, I recommend the 1,500 page "Computer Networks - 5th edition, by Andrew Tanenbaum"

He has a very instructive and circumspect writing style. I don't think you'll get lost.

I haven't done much in this domain, but when I was researching this before, I though zmq was the best option.

BTW: Sockets are old; maybe try googling for C, not C++. Edited by Splinter of Chaos

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!