Sockets and networking in c++

Started by
4 comments, last by pinebanana 11 years, 4 months ago
I am having troubles in finding tutorials on how to program using sockets and networking,

although i have some information on networking it is mostly small tidbits of information, what i am looking for is large tutorials so i can learn everything on the subject instead of getting lost without some pieces i cant find. could someone please help me find some tutorials on each subject?

I have no clue where to search i tried basic google searches like "sockets in c++" or "networking tutorial c++" and variations of them.
Advertisement
Loose the C++, "sockets" refers to the BSD socket API and it's in C.
Try 'socket programming tutorial'.

If you really want a C++ design, then have a look at the ACE programming toolkit.
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara
Beej

A tutorial-ish library for WinSock (that I made and posted here)
void hurrrrrrrr() {__asm sub [ebp+4],5;}

There are ten kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.
If you want a "complete" tutorial, I recommend the 1,500 page "Computer Networks - 5th edition, by Andrew Tanenbaum"

He has a very instructive and circumspect writing style. I don't think you'll get lost.

I wonder as I wander...

http://www.davesgameoflife.com

I haven't done much in this domain, but when I was researching this before, I though zmq was the best option.

BTW: Sockets are old; maybe try googling for C, not C++.
I don't know why no one has reccomended the boost::asio library.

anax - An open source C++ entity system

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement