Cool new alternative to those lame wooden dolls for artists

Started by
7 comments, last by ManuelMarino 11 years, 4 months ago
Hey artists community,
I thought you might be interested in seeing this cool new product i'm working on. It's my humble attempt to provide the artist community with a better alternative to those wooden dolls. As an artist I've always felt we needed something with more accurate proportions and range of motion. Here are some images. What do you think? There's a video demonstration here:

[media]
[/media]

a9_banner_photos.jpg
a9_beautypic1.jpg
a9_beautypic2.jpg
a9_beautypic4.jpg
Advertisement
Sounds interesting. From the photos, the joints are rigid or soft? probably rigid because I see you made easily the placing in different positions.
Electronic, Hard House, Film Music

88 preview tracks to listen to online + artist forums

And my projects Vanethian, and X-tivity Factor
Hi Manuel, if you click on the video you can get a better feel for how it works. Thanks!
Very, very cool. I've only recently gotten back into drawing and picked up one of the standard wooden figures for the first time. My first thought was "How in the world have these things been the standard for so long?". They're about next to worthless for anything but the most mundane of poses.

I'll absolutely be throwing down for one of your kits.

throw table_exception("(? ???)? ? ???");

Awesome! Thanks Ravyne!! :)
I always found that the "lame wooden dolls" were only useful for proportions to college students.

I needed one for my beginning art classes, but haven't needed once ever since mastering relative body sizes. Though I still draw extensively my day job is a programmer not at artist; I cannot imagine any of our artists using them.

If I need a model I can find or create reference photos. I've seen the same for our art folk.

They do look like fun office toys, though.
lol!
You know with just a little paint and extra time those could be pretty amazing action figures. biggrin.png
In the past I had a passion for miniatures painting, mainly lead miniatures. But honestly, also wood is fascinating :)
Electronic, Hard House, Film Music

88 preview tracks to listen to online + artist forums

And my projects Vanethian, and X-tivity Factor

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement